Thursday, August 31, 2017

Top TEN things I've learned from raising a child with Down Syndrome:





Top TEN things I've learned from raising a child with Down Syndrome:


1. Happiness isn't an arrival. It is a state of being. It's jazz hands on a rainy day. 🤗

2. Success is measured by how many times you haven't given up. 

3. There is power and purpose in being different AND being united. 

4. We need more cheerleaders. 

5. We all have something. We all struggle. Some with outward blemishes, others are buried deep. 
Own it. Carry it. Surrender to it. Acknowledge it. Embrace it. Don't pretend it doesn't exist. You'll soon discover you're not the only one who struggles with it. And people will love you more for it. I know, it sounds crazy - it's soooo true. 

6. If you have a horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad day, you can still handout smiles. I have NOT achieved this status, -but William and my mother have. 

7. People say stupid things about William but it is generally with the best of intentions. 

8. Patience doesn't mean just waiting. It means waiting with a smile. (Must work on this). 

9. The highest form of love is called sacrifice. 

10. And I have to add #11 -I know I married my match through raising William. He's my biggest cheerleader and support. Thank heavens for DTM. (Dan-the-man 😂)



No comments:

Post a Comment